Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Difference in Education

You learn interesting things about yourself based on why you miss questions on a test. For instance, on Monday night it became apparent that I have the biochemistry education of a lower order ape. I can speak in big medical terms, but fundamentally my understanding is along the lines of, "air goes in and out, blood goes round and round."

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, my degree is in computer science. So as a programmer, I find that my understanding is based on my rough implementations in code rather than the actual biochemical mechanisms. This is useful in terms of my own understanding, but hardly common ground with other students.

I think I need to take some biochemistry courses so I'm not dragging my knuckles on the floor of the ambulance.

No comments: